Friday, December 22, 2006

Confessions Of A Progrmming 'baay'

It was 2003, I was pretty amused at my AIEEE rank and was happy that I would at least manage chemical engg. seat in my coll. But as it turned out I actually got a mechanical seat. But not without any ‘hullah’ made about how I just missed a computer seat(just by one rank).

The ghosts of that day still haunt me. Finally I faired pretty well in my mechanical engg.(touch wood, I still have a sem left). But preferred to get placed in a software company. This is because I thought myself to be some one with more programming skills than spanner rotating mechanical skills.

I got placed in Epsilon and thought ‘fine now that I have got placed in a software company, I should be able to feel more comfortable’. But life is never consistently fair, I now realize how tough this actually can be. Programming is not only applying an algorithm alone, its much more than that.

CGI, APACHE, DATABASE… ghanta they have any algos, they are all bloody fucking fundaes that I have to suddenly mug up so that I can make sense of the programs I write.

Yeah, yeah they are interesting but what the fuck I have to learn all that in 5 days.

They reason I suddenly felt the anger rising up my spine is because I suddenly feel ‘inappropriate’ to the software industry.

May I grow faster than the million technologies that are made every day. I AM HERE TO STAY!!!

6 comments:

Mahesh Shastry said...

wow! you are one nice little motivated piece of ass.

anupsu said...

ya da...
our world is so advanced that we have 2 do some reading be4 indulging in anything...everything has its own theory...
.....we would have learnt it slowly if we were in that branch of engg. and it wouldn't have been that hectic...

...but i anyday feel that it is better than rotating spanners and pushing files..


Though the mathematical part of mech. engg like engines, Fluid mechanics, thermodynamix, etc. is far more superior to programming...

...even i repent not learning all these fields properly..

if only i had dedicated some more time...

Darkness and deep said...

u have looped a blog in a blog...

qq said...

hello! you alll keep blogs.. i do to..go ckeck it sometime if you have the time..this is Anusha(Pi)

qq said...

oh sorry! my profile is not public yet..will send you the link sometime. it's a lot of eco so i don't think you alll be interested anyway.

Somebody said...

That's y they say u grow older than ur age in a software industry...
I too feel that programming is mind-taxing and at the same time fulfilling too when u get it right!!!